Getting ready for a conference? So am I! Like most other men I love lists. Here is a list of things I am packing for PubCon. Did I miss something? Leave a comment to let me know soon, I’m leaving shortly.
Hopefully this helps with your preparation.
Update April 12th, 2010: Here is downloadable 1 page PDF version: Conference Packing List.
- Bank Cards
- Credit Cards
- A house key (so you are not locked out when you get home)
- Socks (black)
- Business Attire
- Comfortable Dress Shoes / insoles
- Casual Shoes
- Gym Clothes
- Travel Itinerary
- Show Itinerary (Session Plans, Party plans, Meetings)
- Party Schedule
- Business Cards
- Note pad, Pen, Pencil, Sharpie
- Shaving Kit
- Shaving Cream
- Hair Stuff
- Face Cream
- Nail Clippers
- Vitamins and Supplements (Vitamin C)
- Protein Bars and Powder for snacks
- Cell Phone and Charger
- Laptop and Charger
- Camera, Charger and Memory Cards
- Bluetooth mouse and batteries
- USB Drive
And finally pack a Big Ass Smile
Update: Lesson learned the hard way – if you are planning on rocking dress shoes and planning on partying until the wee hours of the night, you could be in them for 18 hours a day. Invest in a good pair and toss some really good insoles in them as well. You feet will still be sore, but less sore. Or do it the easy way and wear comfortable shoes or take off your shoes/go to bed before 6:00 am.